Monday, July 27, 2009

Harry Potter Chess Sets For Potter And Chess Fanatics

It's so rare that you find an overlapping of interests like this one.

Me?

I've been playing chess since I was 10 years old and have been a Harry Potter fanatic since the very first book. I will be truly sad when the last movie comes out and there is no more Harry Potter to look forward to.

As for chess, I remember watching the Fisher/Spassky match back in the early 70s on channel 13 when Shelby Lyman did the commentary. I think everybody got into chess back then. I was no different.

Anyway, if you're a fan of both (I assume since you're reading this that you are) they you absolutely MUST get the Harry Potter Final Challenge Chess Set. If you saw Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, that's the one.

As disappointed as I was with the movie that they cut out the part with the potions, at least they kept the chess match somewhat intact. Well, that chess set in the movie is what this bad boy represents and the detail is absolutely to die for.

The pieces measure from 2.5 to 5.5 inches in height. The playing board is 20 x 20. The pieces themselves are made of die cast zinc and are very sturdy.

If you're as big a Potter and chess freak as I am, you MUST get this set. I know it's a little pricey, but trust me...you won't be sorry.

Of all the chess sets out there, this one is my absolute favorite even ahead of the Star Trek and Lord Of The Rings sets.

And that's saying a lot.

Sincerely,

Steven Wagenheim

No comments:

Post a Comment